Oula. Oula? I know I didn't know how to say it either.It's like Missoula, without the Miss. Ooo Luh.
It's my new workout. I have a hard time sticking with a workout program because I get bored easily and when I get bored I give up. I've done Water Aerobics, Zumba, Beach Bodies, Yoga, Pilates, and still I search for something new. Since moving to Missoula I've been introduced to it by several friends. Since it started here it's a big rage. (luckily for me, a lot of the classes are free! I've done about 8 classes and only paid for 1)
I know the hard core Oulians will hate me for this, but it's a lot like Zumba. I've tried that and loved it. It's just a different kind of music. Zumba is latin music and dance based, while Oula is based on the top 40 songs. As the Top 40 changes new dances are made and taught so it's always fresh and never boring. The dances changing so often to keep up with the change in popular culture and opinion and energy. It's also not as difficult as Zumba, which is good for white girls like me who don't have moves. Zumba changes according to the instructor, Oula is set moves that every teacher teaches.
Working out at home I don't push myself as hard so going to a class helps me to push myself. I look around the room and try to work a little harder than the person next to me. Let me tell you, I've been sweating! There are warm up songs, conditioning songs, and cool down songs. It's very easy to follow and very repetitive so if you don't get it the first time you keep dancing and trying. Even if you are totally lost, you can just dance. If you know the moves you can modify them to make them your own. So fun to dance and have fun, while getting my body in shape!
No comments:
Post a Comment